Thanks - M35 trailer hitch

From: Glenn McCalley (glenn@combatcatering.com)
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 06:13:40 PST

Hey thanks to everyone who replied to my original post. In addition to the
ones that were posted to the whole list I get a dozen or so private
replies - lots of great ideas.
We're chewing it over and I'll let you know what we end up doing - but the
first thing was to call the welding shop that wanted $500 and tell them no
thanks. :-)

- a number of folks have made up rigs that hang from the bumperetts or the
rear shackles, usually with a piece slanting up to the next forward
cross-member for fore-and-aft support.

- several people have bolted something from the pintle mount extending
straight down, again with a for-and-aft piece.

- several of the larger, "universal" class-III or class-IV hitches with a
standard 2" receiver -should- fit, maybe with an adapter piece up on the
frame.

- cost estimates range from $75 - $175.

Thanks!
Glenn.