Road Trip

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 05:19:15 PST

Took off for a week and went to the outer banks of North Carolina
fishing and the boat owner asked me as we got out into the atlantic what
I thought of it after not being on it for 37 years and I told him that
it still sucked...he got a kick out of that...2/3 feet swells and I felt
a little uneasy...I've lost my sea legs...frown! Got to see a Bradley FM
(?) as we crossed Camp Lejeune Marine Base. Todays marines look real
sharp if you haven't looked for a while. (my case) Got to see the
osprey, (neat!) it made a couple of trips around us as we crossed the
base headed for the USS North Carolina BB-55 at Wilmington. My school
teacher/friend Larry Chapman said I turned 18 again for a day...I think
we both did. Lot of Harriers in the air down there...I think out of
Cherry Point and one F-18...one crashed thursday at Raleigh...pilot
ejected ok the news reported. The military part was better than the
fishing. Fred Martin