More CUCV Questions

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 12:07:08 PST

OK gang, I've got this M1009 thats been cannabalized a bunch. Right now I
just want to hook up batteries to see if it will crank over. Which alt is #1 and
which is #2? Also which batt is charged by which alt? I've found several
extra battery cables along the way so if anybody has any pointers on hooking up a
set of batteries, I would appreciate it. I did hook up a slave cable and rig
a start switch to spin it over but not enough current goes through the cable
to spin it at any speed. Soldier 1 and 2 had unbolted the injection pump and
tried to unbolt the drive gear through the oil fill hole. They dropped a bolt
into the timing gear area so I'm glad I took it all apart before just bolting
it together. Another ? Anybody have an operable injection pump for a
reasonable price or know any decent sources? Also looking for a right headlight bucket
assy.
Thanks in advance!
Kenny