M35 injector pump from a 5 ton cont'

From: Cliff S (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 06:17:34 PST

Listers and Mechs, "calling all mechs"!,

I finally got all the required lines to get my truck in running order and low and behold I get no fuel from the top of the injector pump.  I have the high pressure lines to the injectors off to keep the injectors clean for now.  I have drained my batteries, and used a slave truck to keep good cranking speed, but still no fuel from the pump head.  I have a good inline pump.  I have fuel in all the lines, I have bled everything.  But still nothing out of the top.

Keep in mind that I am the one who is changing pumps from a 5 ton dump, and I did turn down the fuel rate, read all about it from David and Bjorn, thanks guys!!

So my questions are:  Do I continue to keep cranking and it will prime or am I missing something?  I have another truck to look at for the fuel routing lines and mine are (and were) completely different.   Does anyone have a good diagram for fuel line placement?  Please dont tell me to look in the manual, its very VAGUE, and I already have!  I would rather just set up my pump the way my buddies is, to say the least.  (his is bypassed)  I would like it to be correct though, not saying his isnt, but ya know how the Army was.......

Okay, Thanks Ladies and Gents for all the help that got me to this point.  The list is like we have been saying for the last little while, and excellent tool.  Better than the big hammer I have for retooling smaller cars!

Unless someone has a good injector pump they are willing to let go real cheap..........

Cliff Smith
'71? AMG M35A2
'77 M880
'68 M274A5
'?? M416 (Flatbed)
MVPA #26244

Get tax tips, tools and access to IRS forms – all in one place at MSN Money!