Re: [MV] battery explosion

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 10:33:27 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "everette" <194cbteng@bellsouth.net>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 9:53 AM
Subject: [MV] battery explosion

> I was working on my 151 and had a fellow helping me, GROWN man, (...) My
intentions are
> to glue piece of vinyl to inside of lid.

The Canadian M151A2s I've seen all have a piece of 1/8 or 3/16 rubber
matting glued to the inside of the lid. I've got one of those covers on
mine along with the flat-rubber terminal cover things that the US Army used
on their 151s later on in their service lives. I think Frank's Surplus has
those in quantity if you want to score some just for an extra bit of battery
insurance.