MISTAKE: Correction

From: International Movie Services (ims@telus.net)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 13:11:55 PST

This is actually chance_wolf@shaw.ca on the work computer.

I tried going from memory regarding when the US Army started painting M151s
the two different types of cam in answer to someone's question, and my
memory...sucks. I just looked it up here at work, and here's what the
manuals say on it all anyway:

October 1964 TB 746-93-1 was in force apparently until 1975: Vehicles are
O.D.
December 1975 TB 43-0147 "Color, Marking, and Camouflage Patterns: Vehicles
are Four Colour Camouflage
October 1990 TB 43-0209 (superseded the 1976 edition of above): Vehicles are
NATO type Three Colour Camouflage

Question though. Weren't the first HMMWVs and CUCVs delivered to the Army in
the Three Colour Cam? If that happened 1984-85, they should still
technically have been using the Four Colour system (at least according to
the above.) I've sanded down a fair number of CUCVs and HMMWVs, yet have
never yet come across any that have been obvious Three Colour over Four
Colour repaints.

chance_wolf@shaw.ca