Re: [MV] MISTAKE: Correction

From: Herr Bookmonger (bookmonger@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 20:14:33 PST

I can only proffer my own experience. In 84 - 85 the US Army, USAEUR, 3rd Armor Division replaced its M-151A2s, painted in the three color camoflauge, with brand new CUCVs, which arrived painted in three color camoflauge.

Ironically enough, the Engineers "volunteered" to repaint our 151s right before turnin. They set up a vehicle paint spraying area annually. They didn't use CARC, but instead used alkyd enamel containing lead.

At the time we joked that USAEUR was sent all of the lead paint that the EPA had banned from the US. Of course, such was probably the case. I doubt the Germans were aware.

Herr Bookmonger
aka Sparky Spearhead