turbo conversion for the deuce

From: Chris Stansbury (chris_stansbury@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 07:10:45 PST

Hey all,
I have a friend who has been gathering deuce parts from a salvage yard who
is getting ready to scrap some trucks. He said that there are a couple of
good turbo setups on the trucks and that he would pull one off for me if I
wanted to make my NA truck a LDT. The turbo setups are on M35A1 trucks that
were rebuilt in 1989. He said they are a small turbo and he's going to send
me some pics of them. I thought the later trucks used the big turbos which
didn't whistle as much as the small ones, or am I confused? I know there
are specific "whistler" turbos, but I had heard that all the small ones
whistled pretty good and the bigger ones didn't. If I'm going to go through
the trouble to convert my LD, it might as well sound like it. What gives?
Thanks guys!
Chris

Chris Stansbury, O.D.
1301 Lee Street East