6TL batteries at the East coast rally

From: GOTaM35 (GOTaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 15:08:44 PST

I just picked up a couple of 6TL batteries for one luck list member and
inquired with the interstate dealer about more. Here's the deal:

I can pick up a dozen or so blemish (seconds) and bring them with me to the
rally. If anyone is interested in these batteries for about $60 each I will
go to the trouble to pick them and haul them 500 miles. They have a 3 month
warranty, but I suspect driving to Columbia SC to redeem it wouldn't be cost
effective. I have picked these batteries up for several people on the
"list" and as far as I know, no problems. It is my understanding they have
been on the shelf too long and have been sent back to the warehouse as
"seconds". They are wet so they probably do have a year or so off of their
life expectancy. At any rate if you think you might want one or two email
me and let me know there is an interest. I'm not guarantying anything
because I don't know if they will have many next month and what I bring up
will be first come first serve unless I have worked out something ahead of
time. They had a pallet full today. I don't have a lot of time and this
is not a get rich quick deal, I just know a lot of you guys want these
things for less that $120 each. By the way, I have two that I brought to
the rally last year for powering my inverter and have had them in a truck
since. They work well. Can't guarantee your results will be the same.

Joe Trapp
Blythewood, SC