5 ton injector pump on a Deuce Saga ends!!!

From: Cliff S (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 06:16:29 PDT

Listers and Friends,

Well the saga finally ends.  For some of you it did not end as you thought, which would of been tragically- an explosion.  It finally ended with a NO start situation- which was finally good, considering it was usually a run-away engine.  Yesterday I bypassed the compensator, cleaned out the inlet ? jet (on front of head) and replaced all of the engine fuel lines (just had to use this cool blue stuff I found) not that they needed it but was part of the bypassing.  Remember I have backed EVERYTHING down in power.  The truck would not start, cranking, cranking, cranking.......NO start.  That is good.  Added a little throttle and she began to gurgle.  Cranked again with a little more pedal, and the whistle of that "whistler" turbo began.

I now have a controllable 200 HP Deuce engine!  Yep I said it, 200HP!!

I would like to thank the few people that responded to me with the immense help that quite a few emails made this possible.  Greg, David, Bjorn, Wayne, Jim, Bob, and Ed you all have helped in ways that most could not, by getting on here and giving great advice.

Thanks again, and dont be scared when you pull up to the whistling "Deuce on Pendleton" and it pulls away from your Chevy, its just me!

Cliff Smith
'71? AMG M35A2
'77 M880
'68 M274A5
'?? M416 (Flatbed)
MVPA #26244

Free up your inbox with MSN Hotmail Extra Storage! Multiple plans available.