CUCV story & parts

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 06:11:35 PDT

Greetings list. It never fails to amaze me what the DRMO and units are
capable of when deadlining a vehicle. The M1009 I just got was missing a lockout hub
on the RF wheel. It looks like it had been exposed to the weather for some
time so I pulled it down to the spindle to clean it up and repack the bearings.
After pulling the weel/tire off I was amazed to see that either soldier 1 or
soldier 2 had unbolted the caliper from the backing plate, removed to outer
brake pad and put everything back together. The only logic I can think of was
this was done to deadline a vehicle. Who knows! Anyway, I have a decent right
side door panel and a nice dash bezel that I would like to swap off for some
other CUCV parts. I need a left door panel and a volt meter. Need a right seat
too but thats too big for reasonable shipping. If anybody has this stuff and
wants to work out a trade, I'm all ears.

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee FL
84 M1009 (project)
73 A.M. General M275A2