Deuce Winch ?

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 10:28:23 PDT

Posting for Neal, he's having trouble posting on the list

After having my M-35A2 for two years and getting most of the refurb out of
the way, I decided to check out the front winch. The cable is so neatly wrapped
I don't think it's ever been used. The lube fill & drain plugs in the Worm
Gear Housing (driver side) were so tight I had to cut them out. Water followed by
oil drained out. The End Bearing Housing (passenger side) had only a tiny bit
of oil in it. I added the proper amounts of lube to both. When I ran the
power takeoff with the winch clutch disengaged, watery oil leaked from the brake
cover on the Worm Gear Housing. When I reeled in some cable under power (no
load), oil leaked from between the drum and the End Bearing Housing. I'd like to
have it fully functional, so I'm thinking about removing it from the truck,
disassembling it and replacing seals, checking bearings, etc. So:

Do any of you have the manual for the winch, or have a link for it? (I have
the parts diagram, but have not found the manual that details assembly).

Any advice from those of you that have done this?

Thanks, Neal not new email address: Neal.Anderson@navy.mil
                Panama City, FL