Mount location of Radio in M37/M37 Lug nuts

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 20:36:37 PDT

Just thought I would add to lug nut conversation. The Fire
Dept that had mine somehow put both left threads on front
wheels. Some one may have broken an axle and replaced it
with a takeout. I have left it that way for 4 years now. It only gets
driven around 500 miles a year. No problems yet.

I have a AN/GRC-7 command style radio set. I want to mount
it in my 1952 M37 (3/4 ton dodge cargo truck). I have a radio
install manual shows it on drivers side troop seat. I want to mount
it on a stand in front of rear box so I can still use both seats for
parades (haul quite a few Veterans). Does anyone know of the
military doing this, what would look right for a stand (angle iron,
square tubing or other) or should I just put it in the designated
spot.

Thanks
Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net