RE: [MV] Lug nut socket

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 07:44:59 PDT

Hi
Yes they do TODAY, but years ago it was common to have the left side be
left hand thread. More guys with an old antique car have had their left
hand side studs snapped by some kid in a garage with an impact wrench
trying to get a wheel off. Had it happen to me on an old DeSoto (that's
a car :) ). I don't know why they used to use this design but it dates
back to the first motor vehicles. The LH studs always used to be
stamped with an L.

Glenn