SAE guide needed

From: Jim Zehr (jimm1009@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 11 2004 - 06:19:41 PDT

I am looking for a guide to SAE standards for bell
housings and transmissions, etc.
I have scoured Google and the other search engines and
have not located a guide.
I am therefor appealing to the list so see if anyone
else has previously come across with this type of
information. I know that there are a few engineers on
the list too.
I was considering swapping a stronger engine into an
M35 series truck but am not really happy with the
published specs on the unit for the M35A3 trucks
manufactured by Cat. This unit is only 170HP &
420Ft.Lbs. of torque @ 1550RPM where the latest
multifuel was 195HP & 425Ft.Lbs. torque @ 2000RPM.
What I would prefer to do is look for another Cat (or
similar) engine that I could bolt into my stock manual
transmission or find a compatible transmission with
engine combination.
I know that one of the listers put a 5 ton injection
pump on his M35 truck and he is beleived to now have
200HP which is also a small help.
On the other side others have installed 10.50 x 20 and
11.00 x 20 tires for a little more top speed and or
little less RPM.
Just thinking outloud and looking for advice.
This M35 will not be a show quality truck but I do
want it to stay military in appearance with some of
the more modern driveability udates incorporated.
Thanks in advance,
Jim
jimm1009@yahoo.com