Re: [MV] Tow Bar?

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 11 2004 - 17:06:15 PDT

Well if you go by the book you will find that the towbar in the TM
9-2320-260-10-HR is called a "light duty" and the FSN is 4910-00-735-6056
and then if you look in the TM 9-4910-496-10 which is the OPERATORS MANUAL:
TOWBAR, MOTOR VEHICLE (FSN 4910-735-6056) has it rated at "Extended-14,000
lbs gross weight, Retracted-42,000 and that it is good for

"WHEELED VEHICLES UP TO AND INCLUDING 42,000 LBS GROSS WEIGHT CAN BE TOWED
WITH ALL WHEELS ON THE GROUND WITH THE TOWBAR IN THE RETRACTED POSITION WHEN
CONNECTED TO THE BUMPER SHACKLE BRACKETS. THIS ALLOWS TOWING OF ALL WHEELED
VEHICLES UP
TO AND INCLUDING EMPTY 5 TON TRUCKS. DO NOT EXCEED A SPEED OF 20 MPH OVER
PRIMARY AND SECONDARY ROADS. THE 42,000 POUND GROSS WEIGHT LIMIT CAN BE
APPLIED TO ANY LOADED VEHICLE THAT DOES NOT EXCEED 42,000 POUNDS GROSS
WEIGHT". and that includes the Deuce I think you will find that the bending
happen when "Soldier 1" turns "Truck 1" short. Wayne