Re: [MV] 2nd try: CUCV engine ground hop questions!!

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 11:05:10 PDT

Hmmmm. I must not have read the post correctly, or it just did not click in my head that this is what was trying to be accomplished. I thought we were only talking about starting the engine with no trans attached...with a starter!!!

"Hop" starting any engine with an auto tans is, I would venture to say, impossible, unless you have a lockup converter that you can manually over-ride. The outer shell of the converter drives the pump, which pumps the fluid into the converter (and valve body, etc), where the internal hub drives the input shaft to the trans. It doesn't work backwards.

--Neil