Results of: Re: 2nd try: CUCV engine ground hop questions!!

From: rock1@mindspring.com
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 11:22:02 PDT

Thanks Dave, Neil, and others with constructive suggestions, you were spot
on and it worked like a charm.

As a remote starter switch, I used a jumper wire from the starter solonoid
plug junction near the starter to a 24-V positive terminal on the terminal
block. No problem with the Neutral switch that way. Just turn on the key,
touch the jumper, and Vroom!! I was careful not to over-rev and was ready
for a run-away.

To those of you who were lost. There is a difference between a ground-hop,
starting and running a stationary removed or partially removed engine or
powerpack, and a bump-start, rolling or towing a fully assembled vehicle
and popping the clutch to start it. But thanks for your comments.

The engine swap is in progress. The hoisting unit in the bed of my Duce
sure makes short work of a CUCV engine removal.

3 trucks, 1 bad engine, 2 bad transmissions, lots of work, more later.

Sgt. Rock's Motor Pool and engine swap shop.