Yet More CUCV ?

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 12:38:51 PDT

Greetings allknowing list. Now I'm no fool with the GM 6.2 diesel but not
that up on CUCV electronics. For right now I'm going to adapt a manual switch
to the solenoid until I get around to actually troubleshooting the circuit.
Here's my thoughts and questions. I understand why the resistor on the firewall
is used instead of the 12V bussbar. Now aren't the glowplugs on the HMMWV 24
volt? I know that they have different plugs, could they be used in place of
the originals and the resistor? Next thought, has anybody used the 60G plugs?
Do they require a longer heat cycle? I'll probably just buy some non swelling
plugs from John Kennedy since he has supplied most of my other 6.5 stuff and
these plugs of his just don't swell. The manual switch might assist in theft
too not that abybody steals M1009s.
Thanks for the opinions.
Kenny