RE: [MV] Yet More CUCV ?

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 13:20:46 PDT

Hi Ken
Yes the glow plugs on the Humvee series are 24 volt. Yes you can use
them in place of the 12 volt glow plugs and ballast resistor on the
cucv. Yes you can use the AC60G (and I do on the trucks here) and they
do not swell, work great but do heat slower. It usually takes 5 seconds
or so for the wait light to go out. They work great in cold weather.
In the case of farbed up trucks with adhoc pushbuttons and whatnot they
will give you some protection also if someone holds the button on for
too long. They also will protect against swelling of plugs in the heads
if the original timer/controller fails in the on position.

Glenn