Sick CUCV

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 09:20:51 PDT

Well gang, my injection pump arrived yesterday. I have determined that I have
a sick puppy. I bought this M1009 from GL. Injection pump was just laying in
the valley, intake barely bolted on and general botchery as is common with
DRMO vehicles. When they said "cannablization permissable" they sure weren't
joking. Anyway, I bolted on the replacement (used) injection pump today and
tossed the intake on. Bypassed the chassis wiring and ran juice to it. Sent 12V
to the solenoid on the injection pump and rigged a switch to operate the glow
plugs. It has new batteries but just because I had to bleed the injection
system, I ran the slave cable to it to keep the juice flowing and have extra
reserve. Fiddled with pump timing and bleeding at the injectors and finally got it
lit up. Runs very rough and seems to have almost a loud exhaust sound coming
from the intake. Valve noise could also be heard. At this point I've decided
to pull the old 6.2 and take it down to a short block to have a looksee at the
innards. Meanwhile I'll start looking for a 6.2 long block just in case.
Bummed but not defeated,
Kenny