Re: [MV] Sick CUCV

From: Chris Stansbury (chris_stansbury@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 10:00:33 PDT

"""""lit up. Runs very rough and seems to have almost a loud exhaust sound
coming
from the intake. Valve noise could also be heard. At this point I've
decided
to pull the old 6.2 and take it down to a short block to have a looksee at
the
innards. Meanwhile I'll start looking for a 6.2 long block just in case.
Bummed but not defeated,
Kenny"""""

Dang Kenny, how did you end up with my bad engine in your M1009. That's the
same thing that my 6.2L was doing. It ran, but it was firing up through the
intake. It turned out that my cam bolt vibrated out allowing the timing
chain sprocket to lose index, which caused pistons to meet the valves and
busted two rocker shafts in half. Try pulling the valve covers and then
turn it over. See what's going on there. Good luck to you. I ended up
just pulling the engine and put in a good used one.
Chris