update on my accident with my M35

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 20:06:12 PDT

A couple of weeks ago I posted that I was rear ended
on I-94 (just south of Eau Claire, WI) by a
tractor-trailer. I said I would let you all know how
it turned out.

My truck is basically unharmed. The drivers side
bumper took most of the hit and is not even bent. The
tailgate on my dropside bed is bowed in a little
however. I have a tailgate to replace it but will
wait until I repaint the truck. Everything else is
ok. Frame alignment included.

I finally reached an agreed repair price with the
insurance company yesterday. The insurance adjuster
was better to deal with than I planned on. He is
Vietnam veteran so we had some common ground (I refer
to the truck, I am not a veteran) but regardless still
is employed by an insurance company. The truck driver
was found at fault and given a citation for following
too close. My own investigation revealed he was given
a citation for inattentive driving less than six
months ago. Chances are he is looking for another
line of work. I appreciated all the replies of
suggestions and well wishes. I have not modified the
truck yet for safer night driving but I plan to do so,
especially before I take it to Colorado again this
year.

Thanks again

Marc