Looking for: Sherman Turret

From: Cav43rdBn@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 23:02:26 PDT

Am looking into the availability of a Sherman
turret, preferable a later model used with the
76mm, here in the US.
I've been offered a lower hull assembly that is
basically complete, but is missing the turret
for whatever reason. (Haven't had a chance to
talk to him yet, to find out what happened to it.)
I do know that the previous owner had started a
restoration, had started stripping out the hull,
then had died. The kids had then ended up "throwing
out a lot of junk(!!)" that was just laying around.
:-( But sold the lower hull assembly to the guy who
has it now.
I know that bringing US AFVs into the States is
a non-issue right now due to Form 6's not being
signed, but does that cover just entire vehicles,
or parts also? In other words, could I buy a turret
from overseas, or is that exempt from import also.

Thanks for any leads!

Jerry