CUCV Charging tips ?

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 06:52:39 PDT

Greetings gang. I won't say that the CUCV charging system is weird but it
sure is unique. From what I can see is that Gen 1 (left) supplies 12V for the
truck and also charges Batt 1 (front). It also applies 12V to the negative side
of Gen 2 (right) which in turn adds 12 more volts upping its ouput to 24 volts.
This then charges both batteries in their series configuration. I don't know
if there is a balance issue in charging here or not. I'm far from an
electrical engineer, very far! What is the best way to maintain this system? Once my
M1009 is done it will be driven frequently. Should I be adding a Solargizer
on this truck? I have 2 solargizers but as far as my M275A2, I've never
installed it. This truck gets driven at least 4 days a week. With the unique CUCV
system I'm wondering if the Solargizer might be a necessity.
I welcome any opinions however I won't convert it to 12V.
Thanks,
Kenny