Re: [MV] road trip

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 18:42:39 PDT

Well here's something interesting that happened on the road trip.

I have been describing a 'tinking' or 'squeeking' noise at full
throttle for some time.. it's been suggested that it could be a
head gasket or a few other things such as a pilot bearing etc.
Now it's not much of a noise, just an odd little sound buried in
the roar.

Well.. I put some cetane booster and injector cleaner through it
on the way up there -about 4x the strength. So, drove about 120
miles, parked it, and two days later started it up again to go
home. The noise has disappeared. Not I haven't put chemicals
through it before, but the noise always remained in the past.

The mystery is unsolved.. hope it does not return!