Re: [MV] M-35 Feline Assasin

From: John Doherty (mofta@hiwaay.net)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 20:53:27 PDT

Slapping the hood doesn't always work.

I once carried a small kitten for a windy ride in my M886 Dodge Ambulance.
The mother cat and several kittens bailed out from under the truck after the
usual hood slap, so I cranked up and drove the hundred miles to my brother's
house. Once there I got out to visit, everyone being outside in the yard.
After a short while, we heard a faint meowing. My brother has no cats, and
he was puzzled. We tracked the noise to the engine compartment, raised the
hood, but still could locate no cat. Upon closer inspection, we found the
little cat wedged tight in one side of the deep fan shroud. I couldn't
believe how lucky that critter was. He was definitely fluffed out! It took
removing the upper shroud bolts and opening it up before we could get that
kitten to release its death grip!

That cat made it home, and it took months before it wouldn't climb a tree
every time a vehicle was started.

Still have the M886, cat moved on to safer surroundings.

John