Re: [MV] ATF etc

From: Stuart & Jane Robinson (stalwart@nwlink.com)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 09:04:14 PDT

On Apr 21, 2004, at 12:22 AM, Nigel Hay -MILWEB wrote:

> I think its simple -deactivation means it has been given a certificate
> of
> de-activation to show its been done to the approved standard. I reckon
> large % of vehicles with them are without such certification..

While it's true about the certificate in the UK, it doesn't
(unfortunately) hold true in the US. British proof house certificates
don't apply, you still need a bore sized hole in the "high pressure"
section of the barrel.

BTW I've found the ATF to be VERY polite, even when International
Repo-Depo, another corporation, and myself, as an individual, had to
sue them on the Form 6.

S.

PS I haven't asked for a Form 6 lately.