Restored 1943 Ford GPW FOR SALE

From: Jim Rice (wwiiabn@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 14:42:55 PDT

I am selling my restored 1943 Ford GPW and 1952 M100 1/4 Trailer. I
restored the GPW from the frame up in 1995-96. I have, but haven't
overhauled nor installed the original matching serial number engine
(GPW99560). Jeep includes a mix of original, NOS and reproduction parts.
Complete with 5 combat rims, F marked handcrank, QMC tire pump and air guage
and some hand tools. Also has complete SCR-610 radio includes
Receiver/Transmitter, PE-117 power supply, CS-79 battery case, antenna base,
mount and 5 aerial sections. 1944 dated gas and water cans included.
Includes all new/like new canvas top, windshield cover, headlight and mirror
covers, canvas 1/2 doors, seat cushions. Converted to 12V for reliability.
Installed a new battery and fuel filter this past weekend. I am installing
a new carburetor next week due to poor accelerator pump operation. Runs,
drives and stops well. Tires are 85% Denmans. Includes a new "Vintage
Wiring of Maine" wiring harness which needs installed. I also have hardwood
bumper block which needs installed. Reproduction canvas toolbag with period
tools.

Trailer is 1952 M100 (built by Jacques Power Saw) trailer with WWII style
lights and intervehicle cable. It also includes canvas cover.

Jeep is located in Memphis, Tennessee. I am asking $12,500 for the whole
package.

Click here for a website which shows the restoration process.
http://home.midsouth.rr.com/jimrice/restore.htm

I am also selling deactivated (DEWAT) original M9A1 2.36 inch bazooka
($1000). It has been demilled by welding in a crossbar in bore, pressing
sleeve with slightly smaller inside diameter in rear section which precludes
full insertion of a rocket and cutting of hole same size as bore in side
wall by handle. This hole is currently covered with a piece of sheet metal
and a screw so as not to be so visible. I have two inert rounds also for
sale for $50 each.

Next is a dummy M1918A2 Browing Automatic Rifle ($750). It is genuine US GI
parts on 80% finished IRAC dummy receiver. Includes carrying handle, bipod
and leather sling.

Finally, I am offering a dummy/non-gun M1A1 Thompson SMG ($650). It is US
GI parts assembled on IMA 80% aluminum receiver. Includes one twenty round
magazine and Kerr adjustable sling. I have three original USGI 5 cell
Thompson magazine pouchs ($75 each) and five 20 round magazines ($100 for
all 5).

Also have lots of uniforms, equipment and assorted gear I will be offering
for sale.

You can get a list of pictures by clicking here:

http://home.midsouth.rr.com/jimrice/WWII%20Stuff%20For%20Sale/

Note, there is an Excel file you can open which lists many, many other items
for sale.

I am leaving the hobby due to lack of time and other interests.

Please contact me at wwiiabn@hotmail.com if interested.

Jim Rice
(901) 854-3927 Home (7-10PM weekdays and weekends)
(901) 495-8858 Office (8am-6pm weekdays)
(901) 299-8181 Mobile Phone (all other times)
wwiiabn@hotmail.com