Re: [MV] Military Ambulance

From: John Stewart-Smith (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 05:27:56 PDT

It's actually called an M-725. It was put in service in the late 60's. I
bought a 1968 model M725 from DRMO Bitburg (Germany) in 1993 that was used
by Spangdahlem Air Base right up until 1992. It could reach the blistering
speed of 50 mph on a good day. I sold it to the Baumholder military museum
in 1998. It also made an excellent camper with 4 stretchers in the back. One
time I recovered a stuck Humvee with it.
I had the misfortune of being medevaced in one in 1978. After 12 miles of
off-road bouncing, I was in much worse shape than when I was loaded in to
it.
-Sarge