Re: [MV] Question about draining air tanks on an M939

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@arrl.net)
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 07:04:22 PDT

I wouldn't really worry about the order but I would make sure I drained the
air tanks daily. More important to get the water out then worry about the
order. Drain em when you park it and leave em open. Leave a red tag on
steering wheel to notify driver air drains are open. After you check fluids
under hood fire up engine and continue your walk around looking for items
out of order while air compressor refills tanks, kicking tires is a good
way to break a toe I suggest a three pound (US not UK) hammer also it's
handy as all getout for breaking up rocks stuck between duals.

Jim

At 09:01 AM 4/23/2004, RKubu@aol.com wrote:
>List,
>I know that the air tanks are supposed to be drained in a certain order...
>3
>4
>1
>2
>
>I have now seen this stenciled on two trucks ("Drain air tanks in this
>order"). What is the reason for this? I have not been able to find any
>mention of this in the operator's manual. Any info would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Bruce

James Shanks
n1vbn@arrl.net