Re: [MV] Chevy turbo diesel exhaust

From: Colin M Rush (chesnimnus@juno.com)
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 23:59:28 PDT

What I was told a couple years ago by a guy that runs an engine rebuild
company is that the 6.2 diesel was based on the Big Block GM motors, not
the SBC. I believe he said it was a variation on the 502, which itself
was a larger version of the 454 that most folks are familiar with.
Problem with them is that the block is just not strong enough to handle
the torque that either the 6.2 or the 502 put out, so they have cracking
problems in the main webbing. I would find a big block Chev manifold and
look at it.
-Colin Rush