ranch / drilling

From: Earl Beverly (earlbeverly@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 15:17:35 PDT

Hi All, Hi Vernon,
I should have been a bit more specific about the rig and the ranch. I have a place in Shepherd, just north of Houston. I have drilled (4) 130' water wells there with a home made, one man rig that I cobbled together. I have bought more land in Shepherd that I am going to devide and sell as 1 or 2 acre lots. I will drill a well for each, as well as put in the septic, power,fences, and drives. I would like to step up a notch with a better rig that is all wheel drive. I have (4) M35s and would like to build or buy a water well rig for one of them.
I have not closed on the ranch in Mexico. It is just south of Big Bend, and it is right at 80 square miles in size. It has several good water wells, but I am going to devide and sell (4) 5000 acre parcels. (See my ad in the Houston Chronicle under hunting). It would be good if I could drill water wells at home sites on these parcells, but I just need to be able to use my trucks on the ranch hauling rock, fencing, workers, that sort of thing. I do need to get connected with a method to take my equipment to Mexico. (Backhoe, dozer, trucks, maintainer)
I remember when I bought these trucks, there were some limitations on export, but I don't remember if Mexico is on the restricted list.
Last, but not least, everything is on hold. I am working in the middle east, and was to return to Texas the first of May. Due to recent events, I have to stay a while. Looks like August at best.
Thanks, Earl