Engine Help Needed

From: Bruce Kalin (convoy@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 17:51:53 PDT

Hi Folks,

My fuel injection pump was near it's end of life, so I bought a rebuilt
unit (stickers and tags still on) and brought it to the mechanic for an
emergency repair. I have a big event coming up this Friday, as well as
the East Coast Convoy only 10 days away. So, everything old came off,
the new rebuild went in, timing set and ........ it won't start.
Advanced the timing and it runs - just fine. Smooth, without any more
loping, etc. Only one problem - The truck smokes like a house on fire,
even at idle. This is a 1968 Hercules multifuel with whistler turbo.
Never, ever smoked before except under extreme load, or if (heaven
forbid) the engine was lugged.

Help please if you can. It's 9:00 pm and the mechanic still has the
lights on in the shop.

--
Bruce Kalin
Convoy coordinator