Re: [MV] Biodiesel

From: Stephen L Dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 19:23:59 PDT

If you need a precedent of using veg oil in an MV, I have heard that
during the Africa Campaign that Rommel used Veg oil in his tanks when he
was unable
to get re-supplied with diesel.

>***** Its "possible" he used it in the crankcases of the engines, but
ALL the books I >have show the German Armored vehicles ran on Petrol
(gasoline), NOT diesel.
>Steve (who does NOT own a tank, but maybe soon enough.........)

Ryan Gill wrote: The Maybach engines were all Petrol, as were all of the
other various Porche, Krupp, Daimler-Benz, Bussag, etc engines.

****** True enough. "Revised Edition" of Chamberlain & Doyle's
ENCYCLOPEDIA of GERMAN TANKS of WORLD WAR II engine sections, only lists
the Tatra V-12 deisel engine being used in the JagdPanzer 38 D tank
destroyer. The same motor WAS used in the 8-Rad SDKFZ 234, more commonly
known as the PUMA heavy armoured car.

Steve (who if he gets the tank he has on order, will put in a gas engine
where the original is missing from.)

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!