Slightly OT but some MV content - Gunnery range finder from WW II Cruiser

From: rertman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 21:29:46 PDT

CAlling all black shoe Navy historians.

OK, folks time to dig into old archives.

Looking for the mounting stanchion for a gunnery optical range finder from a WW II cruiser.

The range finder is a Bausch & Lomb Coincidence Range Finder Mark 57, built in 1943.
It was mounted on the USN cruiser U;.S.S. Phoenix in 1943. he ship was commissioned
in 1938. She managed to escape the Japanese attack on 7 DEC 1941 and served until just
after the end of WW II. She was sold to Argentina, where she was renamed the General
Belgrano and was torpedoed during the Falklands War.

I'm trying to find the stanchion that supported this range finder.

No, I don't have the ship, just the gunnery range finder. LOL

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dick