electric/hydraulic dump hoist for M35

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 21:19:55 PDT

Hi all,
Well, I ran across a guy that is selling 18,000 lb. hoist kits, without the
rear hinges, in 12V, for 1200 bucks, plus hoses. He says it should be the
same for 24V. So, it seems I could convert my M35 to a dump bed for under
1500 bucks, and not have to worry about PTO, etc, so it could be used for
the 40' crane I want to install.
Does any one have any experience with these units? Any info would be
appreciated.
Does this price sound ok?
to install the boom, I'd need to move the bed back, or, shorten it.
any thoughts?
Thanks for any info,
Henry