Re: [MV] HMMWV Wiper motor

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 22:50:37 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <ke6myk@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 11:10 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] HMMWV Wiper motor

> chance wolf <chance_wolf@shaw.ca> wrote:
> > > I have 2 wiper motor assemblies..both NEW..
> > > What's a fair price for them ?..Seems like they go pretty high..
> >
> > There are two styles. The first style seems to like to cause fires. :)
>
> Funny that you mentioned that... my old-style one lost its magic smoke
> a week ago. I nearly passed out when I found out how much dealers want
> for the new-style one (or even the old-style one, for that matter). :-(

They smell nice when they go too, don't they? Sort of like having a dead
skunk nailed to your windshield right where the traditional Pine Tree air
freshener would be in the Buick. :)

I think the last one I had go kept on merrily burning away until I pulled
the plug. Jeez. Between that and a couple of the flavours of PCB box out
there, it's a wonder more of the beasts haven't wound up aluminum kindling.