Re: [MV] CUCV alternators

From: Larry Tighe (larryradio@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 09:15:05 PDT

    John wrote: "What are the 'shielded'/'isolated' ground"

>From what I've read about the CUCV here on the list, there is always talk of
two 12 volt alternators in the 24 volt vehicle. If one of the alternators
is assigned to charge the "high" battery....the one whose negative lead goes
to the positive of the (low) battery connected to ground, then the negative
lead (ground) of that alternator would have to be floated or not connected
to the vehicle frame...ground.

Connecting it to ground would directly short the positive lead of the low
battery to ground! That's my guess. Probaby would be better to put in a 24
volt alternator and eliminate the dual 12's.

Lar

The World's Kids R
The World's Future
www.tlchaiti.com