Re: [MV] 380 HP with a 5.9 cummins! in a hummer?

From: Dave Barbieri (Dave.Barbieri@marshall.tstc.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 05:53:00 PDT

Check out the CPL (Control Parts List). That's the metal tag on the
accessory drive (big chain case thingy at the front of the engine) that
identifies engine specs like valve setting, injection timing and
HORSEPOWER. The CPL for the engine in this auction clearly states
215HP. That's the same engine we use in our training lab here at the
college. Great engine, but no 380HP fire-breather.

Dave Barbieri
Diesel Equipment Technology
(903) 923-3246
(903) 935-9554 fax
dave.barbieri@marshall.tstc.edu

>>> <mil-veh@ziptar.com> 4/30/2004 5:45:58 AM >>>

I am suspicious of this guy, he has no feedback as a seller and he has
feedback rating of 19 with a total of 59 all together, so he has
multiple
feedbacks from the same people... Suspicious also. I don't think the
winners
of the auction are going to wind up very happy.

I have never heard of a Cummings in the up armored HMMWV, I thought
they all
got the GM 6.5 Turbo Diesel?? Seems like more malarkey to me.