Leaky Fitting Correction (6.2L - CUCV)

From: Brian Placzankis (plaz@mac.com)
Date: Sun May 02 2004 - 11:30:31 PDT

I incorrectly mentioned that the leaker fitting was in the 6 o'clock
position. It is actually on the driver side lowest fitting or
approximately the "4:30" position given that there are 8 fittings, one
for each cylinder. I was double checking the leaky fitting and its
passenger side counterpart looked dry although it was harder to see due
to an EGR line that my 6.2L seems to have on it.

On a sidenote, how common is it to find the EGR option installed on
CUCV's? I've seen one or two on CUCV's posted on GL auctions that have
it.

How much (if at all) would the crankcase gasses introduced into the
intake manifold by the EGR sap performance? If nothing else it adds
weight and complicates the appearance of the engine.

plaz