Red Serial (North) Convoy Safety Update

From: Bruce Kalin (convoy@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Sun May 02 2004 - 15:39:30 PDT

Because of the extreme hazard of entering route 95 from the far left
lane when using Rt. 295 into route 95 south, particularly in a slow
moving vehicle, all convoy vehicles southbound from New Jersey will be
taking the following detour:

After paying the toll for the Delaware Memorial Bridge we will take the
first exit (New Castle Ave.) North. We will pass UNDER Rt. 495, to the
fourth right turn (Terminal Avenue) to the entrance for Rt. 495 South.

Once on 495 South we will exit at 5A and take the access road, which
will take us under Rt. 95 and then onto Rt. 95 southbound from the right
lane.

NOTE:
Anyone coming down through the Philly area can wait along the access
road at exit 5A off of Rt. 495 for the convoy, and easily join us here.

The detour will add about 10 minutes to the trip, but may add many years
to your life that you might lose by trying to enter Rt. 95 from the left
lane!

I sent this through the list so that others with slow moving historic
military vehicles who would like to safely travel south along Rt. 95
from New Jersey to Delaware can have knowledge of this detour.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

--
Bruce Kalin
Convoy coordinator