Re: [MV] Tank insurance

From: Jon Shoop (shoop19@brick.net)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 06:33:37 PDT

Interesting. I own 2 M5A1 Stuarts and the track wear is accelerated when
operating on roads, hard surface.

Having made new rubber pads for the Stuart and done extensive
testing......track tension, roadwheel and return wheel condition is very
important in getting the full life from a set of pads....

Heat build up and scuffing is big time problem on asphalt or concrete. I
would much rather operate on grass or dirt......

Jon