Re: [MV] CUCV QUESTIONS

From: rcakitty@verizon.net
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 09:00:34 PDT

  I hate to tell you,Mark, but if it's black it's engine oil. Remember you have TWO heat exchangers in the radiator - - and one is for the engine. I had one pop - whatta mess!! Also remember that engine oil pressure is 3 to 4 times max radiator pressure which usually explains why oil gets into the radiator and water doesn't get into the oil. I did say 'usually' didn't I? A radiator shop can pull the right side tank and confirm/fix the problem. Good Luck - hope this helps! Robert Anderson 5/7