Re: [BULK] Re: [MV] Aberdeen '04 Another Deuce whistles with Dixie parts

From: Dave Reed (dave.reed@dol.net)
Date: Sun May 09 2004 - 19:14:59 PDT

Greetings-
I have to echo everything below. Great meet, made even greater
by the good old southern hospitality of Joe Trapp. You guys make
some mean chili. The Rat Patrol movies were the icing on the
cake. Very impressive setup. How can it get any better than
having friends like this. Thanks Joe for bringing the 1-C turbo
deuce motor up for us. Kenny and I wrenched for most of the
afternoon today and removed the tired smoky oily n/a multifuel from
our deuce we had there at the meet. Before dark we had the
motor mounts tight, starter wires and fuel lines hooked up. We
just couldn't resist firing her up without belts or coolant. 20
seconds of the sweetest Dixie whistling heard since Aberdeen '04
brought us off of our tired feet with a shout of joy. We shut it down
to await more wrenching next weekend. A TJ Murray exhaust
pipe and stack will propel the whistling Dixie sounds up over the
cab next weekend. I was too slow to get the pipes from Joe Young
at the meet. Other rally participants bought them up first.
Thanks Joe Trapp for the motor and the 6TL batteries. Will look
you up again next year. After seeing Joe's air conditioned cab
attachment we are looking at setting up something similar. These
guys from South Carolina are really cool. We got some
gingerbread items for the deuce as well as a start of a RT524 radio
setup. I hope everyone had a safe and breakdown free trip home
from the meet. These green trucks are just too much fun.
Thanks,
Dave & Kenny Reed
Elkton MD

On 9 May 2004, at 19:41, L51940@aol.com wrote:

> Aberdeen 04 what a great show!
>
> Pulled in home late last night. Put 1500 miles on the new minivan. Yes, I
was
the pale gold Chrysler minivan near the end of the convoy.
  Even in a minivan, the convoy was a terrific way come to
Aberdeen. Already making plans to bring the deuce to next years
event.

> It was so nice to see friends such as Joe Young and Joe Trapp.
  It was really nice to put faces to some of the names that frequent
this list. BTW: Hankie and Ronzo ARE as much fun in person as
they are here on e-mail.

> The friday night cookout at Joe Trapp's camp was the highlight
for myself and my kids (Colleen and Ian). After dinner the military
movie projector came out and we watched films including episodes
of the Rat Patrol. Joe protected the projector w/ an umbrella during
some intermittent sprinkles. During the movies, I had to step away
to take a phone call. As I was on the phone I was looking back
and saw (in the semi darkness) 6 deuces parked in a row. At one
end, a bunch of friends sat laughing and enjoying Rat Patrol and I
thought to myself that it doesn't get much better than this.