Re: [MV] Aberdeen '04

From: GOTaM35 (GOTaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 20:42:53 PDT

It was real good to see so many of you all this year at the East coast
rally. I did want to give credit where credit was due on one thing. We
didn't make the chili. I think one of the Northern serial participants made
it. After watching one of the Jersey guys licking the pot clean I concluded
it must have been very good.

We had entertained making chili, it is one of the best foods going down.
But with only port-a-johns available and long drives the next day we decided
against it. Didn't want any of the multi-fuel deuces becoming "gassers" on
the way home. I hope everyone ate the chili modestly. If given the chance
I usually eat about a quart. That can hurt a man.

We concluded the window unit in the rear window was well worth the effort of
installation. We used about 20 gallons of gas in the generator. A small
price to pay for the AC and the DVD player. The muffler helped too, but not
as much as I had hoped. Still a very noisy truck. Lots of black soot under
the truck now too. We didn't hit any rain on the way home. Just heat.
Even with the windows up and the AC going it was hot. That floor really
puts
out some heat.

We went to the Ordinance Museum Friday morning. We where over whelmed. I
can't believe I got tired of looking at the tanks I have read about so much.
I really needed a golf cart.

Well I hope we can make the trip up next year. Maybe in the Scout car. I
would like to thank every body that made the rally possible, especially the
organizers. Thanks to the chili man and Dave too for the drinks. It was
good to meet most of the convoy participants Friday night. If any body
knows how Sonny is doing getting back to Florida, let the rest of us know.
And I though I had a long drive.

Joe Trapp