Re: [MV] Homeland Security Needs Your Help

From: STEVE Hill (statesvillenc@msn.com)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 09:11:57 PDT

I spent an hour or so back before 9/11 at the Canadian border check station.
  They started out haphazardly searching my personal car, but then got
serious when they saw a copy of "Shotgun News" on the back seat. I asked
why I was pulled over and they said it was because each car is profiled
(they didn't use that word) and one of the indicators is whether your
vehicle is tagged in a state that is pro-tobacco or pro-gun. I couldn't
argue with that since I was sporting a North Carolina "First in Flight"
(sorry Ohio) tag.