Re: [MV] pistons and rings

From: ALEJANDRO CHAVEZ (achavezv_gm@yahoo.com.mx)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 04:41:46 PDT

My GPW and all the 46 and 47 willys that I fix had
pistons with this top empty groove also, and I
remember that the grove is to thin to hold a ring.
Once I ask to and old mechanic and he told me that the
groove is to retain carbon and make some kind of
"carbon seal", Doesn´t sound good to me either.
like that old stories of WWII about obtaining gasoline
of trees roots or rocks
but why else leave that thin groove empty?

Alejandro

Doesn't sound right to me. Normally 4 ring pistons