M886 receiver mounting

From: John Doherty (mofta@hiwaay.net)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 10:52:16 PDT

I added a receiver setup to my M886 about 10 years ago. I removed the rear
bumperettes, and slid the receiver inside the frame rails, mounting to the
upper rail. This allowed use of the stock folddown seat/step combo without
interference, and gives it additional support when down. The higher
positioning also gives additional ground clearance at the rear. I use
various receiver adapters for ball hitches and pintle hitches, depending on
what I'm pulling. Never have had any trouble with it done this way, and
pulled a few 'heavier than I should've' loads with it.

I posted some pics of the setup at:
http://ImageEvent.com/mofta/currentprojects/m886

Hope it gives you some ideas for your own rig.

John