Source for radiusing brake shoe/pads

From: Renactr2@aol.com
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 13:44:31 PDT

Does anyone in the Phily, PA general region know a brake or truck shop that knows what radiusing brakes mean? and can do it?

I have the brake drums on my Ford Bren Carrier and new pads that seem to be in need of radiusing.

It seems the pads touch the drum only 30% and not 100%. (The arc of the pads is off from the arc of the drum.)

True... eventually it will wear the high points off and find it's own "fit", but as little as the carrier is driven, I could die of old age waiting for the braking to improve.

Cheers
Jim Burrill
1942 Universal Carrier Mk1
1942 CMP C-15A